20070604

Mohican, Indian for Pain

Gino here. Well I've had some time to recover from the Mohican 100 on saturday. The good news: I was 4 slots behind Tinker.

The bad news: that was on the DNF list. This was one tough course, one tough race. It was always up or down, no time to rest and a fair amount of the singletrack was pretty technical and wet. Of the first 50 miles at least 40 of it was singletrack or maybe some old rough doubletrack. I got no where near enough rest or sleep the week leading up to it and felt weak from the get go. Let this be a lesson to you kids out there: whenever undertaking a massive feat whether it be a 100 mile mtb race or splintering the arms of a hundred foes into a million pieces alway make sure you get plenty of rest, no chinese herbs can fix that.
Anyway I called it quits at the 3rd checkpoint which was like at 50 miles or so. I just wasn't focusing right and felt really tired, almost sleepy. So I rode the 100k route back to camp only to encounter this a couple of miles from the finish

I could have thrown the race director threw a wall at the finish line if I had found him. The mind games he played letting you think you could almost rest, but then UP! UP! UP! That lighter strip to the left is a view of some of the path we had to walk up to continue.
For the professional write up go here
I'm pretty sure I'll be back next year and Team Seagal will dominate.

No comments: