20100115

Some Motivation for your Head

Greetings, Jerks. This winter reminds me of a dead Ron Jeremy - cold, long, and gross. It can be hard to find motivation. STLPAF Dave seems to have found some with new bling for the season, but when you're that pro you had better have some phat blang.

For the rest of us, I have something for you to keep in mind and get you in the proper frame of mind for the upcoming season which will surely be the best yet. A little poem that Le Professeur turned me onto, entitled "Invictus" by William Ernst Henley:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


It's no Regulator, but then again, what is? I think I'll have this passage in my head each time I think about pussing out or taking a trip to the beach - the beach of sandy vag's. Kind of like a literary VDS-12.

I'm off work on monday, let's get a ride going! Anyone up for some hills?

-Casey F. Ryback

8 comments:

Dan said...

Yeah, the movie wasn't so great but when I heard that poem and knew I needed to come back to the hotel and read it some more.

The author wrote it from a hospital bed probably with something called Pott's disease, aka mycobacteria tuberculosis eating the vertebrae. He wrote the poem as a 29 or 30 year old.

Favorite lines: "whatever gods may be" "unconquerable soul". "fell clutch of circumstance" and of course the last 2.

I'm thinking about a tattoo.

Mitch the Masher said...

Gotta work tomorrow, but 2nd annual DBH's deserves to be planned now.

New East Coast Syndicate said...

Come join me and the Doctor in Sedona the weekend of 3/19-3/21 and have some winter fun!

Gino said...

Wow Anonymous, that sounds amazing. Or should I say it so you understand: dealy you state at blog makes one my ears happy.

So C-dubs, you're our resident money expert, what do you think?

bob jenkins said...

Holy shit, somebody please tell me how I can send $500 to anonymous right now!!

Casey Ryback said...

I almost thought about sending him the money, but then I realized that this month I have already committed $500 to that TV preacher who said he could heal people on stage. Maybe next month. Borb, please let me know how your investment turns out.

Doctor said...

I totally spend $100 a day on food. Maybe that is why I've balloned to a whopping 500 pounds.

Casey Ryback said...

Doctor, I thought it was because you were going through the "might" withdrawals.