20081208

How big is your UNIT?

I had a pretty shitty day at work today, and yesterday was kinda bittersweet with the MO CX season coming to a close. Little did I know however that there was a Kona box containing a 2009 Big Unit waiting for me at home. What better way to celebrate the end of a super fun CX season with the thing that got me riding bikes in the first place.....Mountain Biking. I can't tell you how happy I was to see that box, and now it is time for some serious hill biking....don't forget CXmas and Crossocolapse though! Here are some pics of my new race weapon.






This bike is sick! It's scandium tubing is super light, and it came in at about 3.25lbs lighter than my other Steel SS...which was built with all the same componetry as the Big Unit. It is really nice to have such great team sponsors, and I have to give Cory at Kona huge props for getting this bad boy to me super fast....I think I might just be the first person in the MO on a Big Unit. See you on the trail!
Storm

8 comments:

Marc said...

Woah man, that's Awesorme!Did you get it complete, or just the frame?

Casey Ryback said...

ah geez, now how am I supposed to clean up my keyboard?! thanks a lot...

Casey Ryback said...

wait a minute, I'm older than you - *I* was the first person in Missouri to have a "big unit!"

Sorry, that joke had to be made. Actually, it's not that funny anymore.

El Cavano said...

I am seriously jealous. Can I have your "old" SS?

lc

Mason Storm said...

Marc,
I bought it complete, but I am only keeping the wheels(mavic 719) and crank(raceface atlas). It came with a Fox F29, and since I have no reason to part with my Reba it's off to ebay for the Fox! LC old SS is here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=220323231935

El Cavano said...

I saw that on e-bay and thought it might be you. I'm not quite ready to buy just yet, but pretty interested in the Vassago in general.

The whole SS thing is new for me. I hope to test ride one this weekend.

Tell you what though, I'm not quite sold on the full rigid thing yet.

LC

Anonymous said...

Now I need one of those, just when I thought they couldn't really improve on the Kula they go and do this. If I got one my big unit would be bigger than yours.

MC Stankles said...

I hate you and your freaking rad most likely tiny Big Unit!